Posted 13 days ago
Competition Number: 22007607
BUSINESS STUDENT: SALES AND/OR LOGISTICS- SUMMER 2023 (SAWMILL DIVISION)
- Are you looking for a job which enables you to work with a team of industry-leading professionals?
- Do you want to gain hands-on experience that could lead to full-time employment upon graduation?
- Does a job with real responsibilities and making meaningful contributions interest you?
- Do you love to win and get results?
Students with a strong interest in how the operations work and driving improvement will be successful in this role as a Sales and/or Logistics Student. This position develops subject-matter expertise, as well as competency in leadership, big picture thinking, collaboration, and communication while gaining valuable real-world experience.
We are looking for the right candidate and will tailor the summer based on the individual interests of the person.
- Assist sales team with coordinating orders
- Communicate with customers on a regular basis
- Other duties as required
- Supporting the freight team to ensure the daily needs of the multiple sawmills are achieved.
- Communicating with various trucking companies to book loads and tender loads to carriers.
- Reporting on activities such as trucking, shipments, and inventory.
- Working with carriers for rail rates, along with ordering rail car supply from rail companies.
What We Offer:
- A meaningful work experience that can lead to career opportunities upon graduation.
- Competitive wages.
- Exposure to our diverse operations and connections with senior leadership.
- Access to leading edge systems and tools.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later