Posted 11 days ago
Competition Number: 22007601
Student Staff Jobs - Summer 2023 - Central NB Woodlands
The Woodlands Division is looking to hire a team of energetic and motivated student leaders for our summer programs across our operating regions.
- Are you looking for a summer job which enables you to work with a team of industry-leading professionals?
- Do you want to gain hands-on experience that could lead to full-time employment upon graduation?
- Does a job with real responsibilities and making meaningful contributions interest you?
Crew Chief: Crew chiefs are the leaders of our Planting program, managing a group of peers in one of the most challenging work environments there is. This a role that is best suited to those with previous silviculture experience and are highly organized .
- They are responsible for the health & safely of a group of 10-15 tree planters and support staff
- Leading and documenting mandatory safety talks and stretching each morning
- Meeting or exceeding quality and production targets
- Transporting workers to and from work sites
- Accurate and timely Payroll entry
- Constantly working to improve their jobsites and dealing with any conflicts within their work group.
What We Offer:
- A fun outdoor working environment.
- A team-based work effort that supports you to succeed.
- We are committed to financially supporting your education with established incentive programs that increase with ongoing work terms.
- We expose you to our diverse operations and connect you with senior leadership to ensure meaningful work experiences that lead to career opportunities upon graduation.
- Along with competitive wages, company vehicles and uniforms are provided.
- Accommodations or subsidization for accommodations may be available for certain positions in specific regions
Get to know the Irving Woodlands Story through the lens of our passionate employees here.
To apply for this Career Opportunity, please apply online.
The Woodlands team will work with you to determine an appropriate position based on your interest and experiences as discussed during the selection process.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Save for Later