One (1) Regular Position
Marysville Operating Centre, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
At NB Power, we work hard every day to provide reliable, safe and sustainable energy. We're committed to a vision of sustainable energy for future generations. Why? Because we're New Brunswickers too. We have over 2,600 employees across New Brunswick who are dedicated to where they live and work. Together, we deliver energy solutions to more than 400,000 New Brunswickers at home, work and in their community.
As part of the Transmission Services team, the Power System Technician is responsible for the installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, modification, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of facilities associated with the distribution, terminal stations, and power transmission systems. As well as ensuring the safe and proper processing, handling, and storage of transformer oil throughout the province in compliance with environmental regulations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain, test, and calibrate distribution and transmission equipment including troubleshooting, repairing, modifying and/or replacing existing equipment to ensure safe service and use on the distribution and transmission electrical systems.
- Perform pre-commissioning tests on new apparatus for the electrical system.
- Ensure the safe and proper handling, processing, storage, and disposal of all transformer oil throughout the province.
- Prepare and/or initiate all related forms and reports as required, ensuring all associated drawings and records reflect the current status of equipment and systems.
- Perform repairs, troubleshooting, or replacement of existing High Voltage/Extreme High Voltage equipment in Substations and Terminals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma in Electronic/Electrical Engineering Technology in one of the following options:
- Industrial Control
- Instrumentation & Control
- Alternate Energy
- Electrical Mechanic.
- Electrical Mechanic CQ.
- Minimum of 1 year of hands-on experience working with power or manual repair tools.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License with a clean drivers abstract.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with maintenance and/or power apparatus would be considered an asset.
Work With Us
An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be modified.
Due to security requirements of the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards, the successful candidates will be required to arrange a Criminal Record name check through the RCMP or their local municipal police service and provide the results to NB Power.
An Eligibility List generated from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within a period of up to 12 months.
Please ensure a resume and a copy of your diploma/certificate are attached to your online application.
NB Power will accept foreign credentials as long as they are considered acceptable by a recognized Canadian educational institution. Candidates with foreign education credentials are required to provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the candidate. For more information, you may refer to the Canadian Information Centre of International Credentials at Canadian Information Centre of International Credentials: https://www.cicic.ca/1374/obtain_an_academic_credential_assessment_for_general_purposes.canada
In order to be considered for this employment opportunity you must be eligible to work in Canada.
For questions concerning this job opening please contact Geoff Cowan at [email protected].
Please note that only applications submitted through the NB Power website will be considered, as the showing of our postings on various websites may not have been requested or approved.
Closing date: 11:59 p.m. AST, November 27th, 2022
NB Power is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity