Posted 18 days ago
Competition Number: 22007442
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We are seeking a Shipper/Receiver to join our Kent team.
The Shipper and Receiver will perform and/or supervise general physical activities to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment. Manage verification, acceptance, counting, and inputting into D365 Microsoft system of all incoming goods and their condition.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the workload daily and working together with the warehouse supervisor and team
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Completing all receiving/shipping/picking/packing/inventory checks as required for quality control
- Prioritize and pick material to fill and process orders
- Maintain picking accuracy and responsibility for complete and correct shipments to customers
- Monitor inventory levels of product daily
- Print and process various documents, e.g., picklist, packing list and bill of ladings
- Ensure shipping and receiving documents are completed and correct
- Load and Unload inbound and outbound freight
- Manage and meet the needs of customer delivery dates and delivery deadlines
- Assemble orders
- Operate a forklift and pump truck safely
- Perform other duties as required
Required skills and knowledge
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to perform repetitive, manual material handling without restriction requiring (but not limited to) the following physical abilities: kneeling, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and grasping
- Willingness to learn and adaptable to change
- Operates with utmost professionalism and confidentiality
- Previous experience in order picking, packing using RF Scanners, and general warehouse duties is an asset
- Strong computer skills, specifically shipping software
- Experience in logistics, dealing with various freight/courier partners
- Forklift License an asset
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later