We are pleased to partner with our client in the search for an Assistant Controller to join their growing team in Moncton.
Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller will focus on ensuring accurate flow of information in accordance with IFRS and company policies, including SOX & NI 52-109 compliance for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Financial Controller's management and oversight of the daily operations of the accounting department
- Assist with banking activities, including review of supporting documentation for disbursements and certain online banking activities
- Reviewing the month-end reconciliations for internal financial statements by leading revenue related analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, income statement variance analysis, associated accruals
- Coordinate with the external auditors the quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Assisting the Financial Controller's assistance to the Corporate Accounting team's monthly preparation of interna consolidated financial statements, and related analysis
- Supervise, train, and support the senior accountant(s) and accountant(s) positions
- Assist with requests and requirements from the external auditors and internal auditors regarding internal control activities
- Assist with the implementation of the new ERP system
- Assisting in establishing standard costing
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Assist with any ad hoc requests, as requested
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Degree in Business Administration or Commerce majoring in Accounting or Finance or other relevant education
- CPA designation required
- 5+ years experience in finance and accounting type roles
- Experience in inventory costing is required
- Knowledge of IFRS and applicable internal controls concepts considered an asset
- High attention to detail with outstanding listening, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills and creative approach to problem solving
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint)
If you are an accounting professional looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team, we want to hear from you! Connect with us to learn more or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking the link below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at [email protected] If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.