Based in Halifax since 1966, Atlantica, a member of the Cahill Group, is one of the largest mechanical and electrical contractors in the Maritimes.
Equipped with leading-edge technologies, Atlantica's highly skilled workforce executes a wide range of mechanical and electrical construction projects from design and fabrication to fire protection and maintenance services throughout a building's life cycle to provide customized solutions to our clients.
Atlantica is proud to have been involved in multiple landmark projects throughout Atlantic Canada.
The Project Coordinator & Administrator formally reports to the Project Manager and will often be temporarily assigned to a specific project taking day-to-day direction from a Project Manager. The Project Coordinator & Administrator will work in support of, and may act on behalf of, the Project Manager in fulfilling their responsibilities.
The Project Coordinator & Administrator has the following specific roles and responsibilities:
- Assist and support the foremen and project manager with project documentation requirements for the various projects. This would include preparation and entering data forms into the commissioning software programs provided by commissioning agents.
- It may also include the preparation and submission of RFI's (Requests for Information), shop drawing submittals, and other administrative supports for the site staff as necessary.
- The successful candidate would need to be prepared to spend time on the work site itself in support of some duties such as collecting nameplate data from installed equipment. This would include the wearing of PPE such as, eye protection, CSA boots, hard hat, vest, etc. as necessary for the task.
- Support all site staff and project manager in all administrative requirements on assigned projects.
- Help to ensure projects are completed in accordance with approved scope, budget and schedule and in compliance with all Client and contract requirements.
- Help to ensure all required materials, equipment and craft personnel are on site, and are performing, per established schedule and budget constraints.
- Assist in the preparation of timely documentation, submittals, and records management workflows.
- Review and understand scope of work, project specifications, and client information. Assist with preparation of material takeoffs and prepare requisitions for both materials and equipment for the project.
- Spend time at the work site to proactively identify and resolve issues as required.
- Contribute to the identification of safety hazards at the beginning of each project, and as site conditions change, and work with Project Manager assigned HSE Advisors to develop action plans.
- Support the identification of safety training requirements for site personnel and review all project safety documentation, ensuring that it is regularly updated.
- Support the promotion of a culture of health, safety and environmental accountability. Encourage the identification of near miss incidents and the reporting of safety issues.
- Actively participate in site toolbox talks and safety meetings.
- Participate in the review of drawings and specifications to ensure that the proposed work methods are economical, practical and compatible with client requirements.
- Help to organize the daily planning and scheduling of work activities and assist in the coordination of work to minimize interference to or from other activities.
- Work with the project supervision to prepare schedules, work packs, resource levels, equipment optimization, and other efficiency related items as required.
- Assist in the collection of progress data and the production of regular project reports.
- Support the engagement and management of any subcontractors.
- Support management of change processes for clients and subcontractors.
- Maintain registers for shop drawings, change orders, RFIs, etc. and regularly and promptly identify any lagging items and/or items requiring follow up.
- Establish and build good relationships with peers, consultants, clients and tradespeople. Respond to requests and communicate information in a timely manner.
- Support the preparation of project closeout documentation, including hand over documentation.
- Required to attend client /consultant meetings with the project team.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management, tradespersons, clients and suppliers
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs and adaptable to other software applications as required
- Relevant construction experience would be an asset