Do you want to play a role in solving global energy challenges for future generations?
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity with a global organization? Do you like change? Digitalization? Innovation? Diverse Culture? Solving complex energy projects? Optimizing energy efficiency? At Aker Solutions, we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future.
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, and experienced individuals for upcoming opportunities in floating projects in Newfoundland and Labrador.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering conceptual and detailed mechanical system designs based on project specifications and engineering inputs following applicable specifications, standards and codes including but not limited to static and rotating equipment, chemical injection, HPU's, flare systems, and HVAC
- Liaising with other disciplines through work development; investigating, advising, and resolving complex design and field engineering problems
- Evaluating, selecting, and developing specifications for mechanical equipment and configuration, ensuring that statutory requirements, design basis, project specifications, discipline requirements, standards and corporate requirements are adhered to
- Developing procedures for Factory Acceptance Testing of mechanical system components and offshore installation activities
- Analyzing problems, organizing investigations, and determining specific design criteria
- Assuring compliance with project schedule and control estimates
- Supporting and stewarding procurement activities for mechanical systems and packages of varying complexity with responsibility for providing technical specifications, participation in technical bid evaluations, document reviews, and general technical support as required.
We think you should have:
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and registration with PEGNL as a P.Eng (preferred) or an EIT.
- Experience in an engineering design role with a focus on Front End, FEED and EPC scopes within the offshore energy industry
- Previous experience and in-depth knowledge of mechanical package engineering including water treatment equipment, HPUs, HVAC, flare systems, pressure & chemical injection systems, and mechanical rotating equipment e.g., pumps, turbines and compressors
- Experience in preparation of technical specifications, data sheets, requisitions, and technical assessment of supplier bids
- Experience in Factory Acceptance Testing of mechanical equipment and packages
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
Interested? Contact us.
Consistent with the Accords Act, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador specifically, and Canadians generally, who are qualified, will be given first consideration for training and employment.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.