Omnitech Electronics Incorporated (www.omnitechelectronics.ca) is an established engineering firm with expertise in electronic hardware design, software development for real-time applications, advanced measurement systems, and custom product development. Omnitech Electronics provides innovative custom-engineered hardware and software solutions to a global customer base.
Omnitech Electronics is seeking an energetic candidate for the position of Junior Software Developer. The successful candidate will create embedded and desktop software in support of Omnitech's expanding underwater sensor products, array systems, and industrial electronics. This position will entail the full software development life cycle from planning and requirements gathering, through design and development, to testing and maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have a strong and diverse programming background with excellent math fundamentals. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a team of skilled professionals in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must enjoy multi-tasking across multiple projects as part of small design teams.
Responsibilities would include working with engineers and scientists to:
- Develop, maintain, and document code libraries and repositories.
- Create real-time data processing, visualizations, and system control applications.
- Identify and validate application and software requirements.
- Collect, parse, process, and record sensor data in multiple formats.
- Read and understand scientific publications and incorporate relevant algorithms into software libraries.
- Participate in review meetings with project team members and with clients, users, product owners, and suppliers as required.
- Participate in regular code reviews.
- Occasional travel in support of field trials and product testing.
The following skills and qualifications are highly important:
- University degree in computer science, math, physics, or engineering (or equivalent industry experience)
- Proficiency in C and C++ for both Linux and Windows platforms
- Excellent knowledge of Linux (command line interface)
- Excellent time management and project organizational skills
- Eligible to meet the requirements of a Government of Canada security clearance
- Strong math skills in linear algebra, statistics, and calculus.
Additionally, the following skills would be an asset:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of digital signal processing (DSP) tasks, such as transforms (DFTs, DCTs, etc.), filters (IIR, FIR), numerical integrators.
- Experience with embedded hardware.
- Experience with Git, Qt, and C++ (11/17).
- Experience with GitHub / GitLab, Conan and continuous integration.
- Familiar with Dockerfiles and containers.
- Familiar with Data Distribution Service (DDS) framework.
Omnitech Electronics offers:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Bonus plan with annual compensation reviews.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan, life insurance, and long-term disability and critical illness insurance.
- RRSP with company matched contributions.
- A commitment to the long-term professional development and growth of our employees.
This is a full-time position. Submissions will remain strictly confidential.