SEASONAL AIR TANKER PILOTS
Air Tractor AT-802AF and AT-802F Fire Boss
Company Name: Forest Protection Limited
Address: 2502 Route 102 Highway, Fredericton (Lincoln), New Brunswick E3B 7E6
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary range: $50 to $70 an hour
Forest Protection Limited is seeking talent for seasonal air tanker pilots in Fredericton New Brunswick for the 2023 season running from 11th April 2023 to 15th September 2023. Reporting to the Chief Pilot, pilots will operate during the wildfire season and fulfill the following tasks:
- Operate assigned aircraft in accordance with FPL's Company Operations Manual and Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform all duties assigned by the Flight Operations Management team
- Adhere to instructions issued by officers of the Department of Natural Resources on fire suppression
- Complete required pre-flight and post-flight paperwork in a timely manner
- Report all items requiring maintenance on the aircraft as soon as possible
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the aircraft at all times, including occasional aircraft wash and wax
Successful candidates will be expected to work in a team environment during long hours of standby throughout the forest fire season. Assigned pilots can expect to fly between 70 and 130 hours per season depending on the fire index levels and any unforeseen circumstances.
The 2023 fire season will see AT802AF pilots on standby for fire suppression missions on a daily basis, depending on the Fire Weather Index. Re-positioning to other bases of operation may be required throughout the season, including short term fire suppression support to other International and Canadian jurisdictions.
Ideal candidates will be elite multitaskers who understand fire behaviour and suppression tactics, demonstrate a high level of effective communication, discipline, sound decision-making skills, teamwork, a willingness to learn, and sociability.
- The successful candidate must possess a Commercial Pilot Licence -Fixed wing (IFR), have obtained at least 2000 hours of pilot in command and 300 hours tailwheel, experience with turbine engines and low altitude operations.
- Preference will be given to those with extensive experience in:
- Aerial fire suppression flying either the AT-802AF or AT-802F "Fire boss"
- Agricultural or forestry application with the Air Tractor family of aircraft
- Mountain flying
- Float and amphibious
Conditions of employment are as below:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada and are required to obtain a Criminal Record Check.
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Have a valid driver's license for travel within and outside the province.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- Have a valid passport
BENEFITS OF FLYING WITH FOREST PROTECTION
- Competitive salary and flight pay
- Industry leading living allowances and flight scheduling
- Robust initial training program with in-season weekly practice missions
- Modern fleet of low hour "glass cockpit" AT-802Afs
- Year over year seasonal employment opportunities
- Year-round employment opportunities (international)
Forest Protection Limited (FPL) is the largest 702 aerial operator in eastern Canada. Since our incorporation in 1952, it has been our mandate to preserve and protect the forests that sustain our ecosystems, communities, and economies. We are a global leader in full-spectrum forest health management and a centre of excellence in aerial work. FPL helps forest practitioners preserve and promote forest health through the following services:
- Aerial forest firefighting
- Aerial forest management
- Aerial surveys
We proudly tell the story of preserving and protecting forests, our longstanding legacy, and our role as leaders in forest health. We are a voice for the forest industry, and we help citizens understand the complex business of aerial firefighting and forestry management practices. As industry leaders, we tell the story of innovation, professionalism, and safety within the forest management industry. Read more about us here: Our Story - Forest Protection Limited
Join us in sharing these important stories of forest health management.
Résumés should be chronological, specifying education and employment in months and years, including part-time and full-time jobs.
Please submit your resume with your flight history on our or before 30th November 2022 here: Recruitment (adp.com).
We thank all those who apply. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.