Office Location Halifax, NS (Downtown)
Alternate Location St. John's, NL
Req # 7956
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
The Research and Development and Government Incentives practice is a national team of engineers, scientists, and financial professionals that assist clients in identifying and securing funding for innovation, employment and international market expansion. Our clients focus on advancing technology development in Canada and cover agri-food, advanced manufacturing, biotechnology/pharma and software/IT disciplines.
As a Senior Analyst, Tax [Research and Development & Government Incentives] your responsibilities will include:
• Research and analysis of current state of technology across multiple industries to understand base-line knowledge of our client's business activities
• Ability to understand proprietary, cutting edge R&D through discussions with clients and review of sample documentation from Engineering, Product Development, R&D and Production departments
• Through interview and analysis of annual R&D efforts, review and develop comprehensive and clear summaries to reflect the experimentation, analysis and testing performed by our clients
• Working closely with engineering, tax and assurance teammates to prepare and review Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax incentive claims
• Help to proactively align funding opportunities with our client's business activities and resolve tax related issues through research and analysis of available programs
• Proficient with the use of TaxPrep, excel, preference to use of macros
• Coach and develop the performance of junior team members
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Analyst, Tax [Research and Development & Government Incentives]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• Be Professional - You have excellent written and verbal communications skills, the ability to convey ideas in a simple manner and the capability to manage multiple priorities effectively. Your professional and personal demeanor coupled with excellent client service and interpersonal skills has a proven track record of positive client and people experiences. As a self-motivated team player, you are willing to take initiative and are eager to learn from others.
• Be Curious - our clients are some of the most technologically advanced in Canada and the entire world. An interest in technology and science is key.
• Be Collaborative - We work as a national team to assist our clients wherever they are located. You will work with stakeholders throughout our firm and our client's organizations to better understand, document and support their research and development processes. You will collaborate with teammates across all levels to complete SR&ED tax incentive claims.
• Be Diligent - our work is deadline driven, highly confidential and important to driving the Canadian economy forward through job creation and investment. We are proud of the impact we have on Canadian businesses and ensure we capture every eligible aspect of work performed.
• A University graduate from a Science or Engineering discipline
• Minimum 4 years previous experience in a SR&ED consulting environment
• Minimum 1 year coaching/mentoring experience
• Valid Class G drivers licence and access to a vehicle
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.