Springboard Atlantic is a member-based organization, supported by the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency and our 19 University and College members throughout Atlantic Canada, which works to grow the region's innovation economy through collaboration among academia, industry, and government.
Springboard Central Office supports Members by investing in their operations, promoting connections with partners through special events and workshops, leading programs that aid the Springboard Network in bringing great ideas to market, and sharing our successes.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated Central Office team located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. If you are passionate about planning, organizing, and delivering quality events and highlighting the value of innovation and research partnerships to stakeholders and the wider community, then this is the right opportunity for you.
Reporting to the CEO, you will manage our regional and pan-Atlantic connector events with industry partners, organize our internal workshops and Member meetings, and support Members with their event planning. Your responsibilities will range from event marketing and communications to tracking and reporting outcomes. Your communications expertise will be invaluable to our team as you will also work alongside our content and social media coordinator to administer our website and ensure impactful content is delivered to external and internal audiences through traditional and digital channels.
Being a team player who is eager to work with your colleagues while balancing individual responsibilities is key to being successful in this role. You will need to be an exceptional relationship manager who enjoys traveling throughout Atlantic Canada and interacting with innovative and entrepreneurial professionals.
We are looking for a self-starter who is:
- detail oriented
- focused on results
Skillsets and experience required for this role:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Proven success as an event planner or coordinator (virtual and in-person) including organizing speakers, registrants, venues, onsite logistics, suppliers, etc.
- Familiar with doing the behind-the-scenes administration needed to develop successful events, and initiatives, including preparation, budgeting, management, and post-activity follow-up and reporting.
- Solid understanding of communications practices and tools
- Familiar with web content management and social media platforms
- Experience in tracking and analyzing results and metrics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written, verbal and digital) skills
- Strong organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable presenting and speaking in public
- Confident in translating complex themes into simplified messaging
- Familiar with the innovation ecosystem in Atlantic Canada and flexible to travel within Atlantic Canada, as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, PPT, Excel and Outlook)
Additional desirable, but not required:
- Bilingual (English / French)
- Graphic design experience (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience working in a post-secondary institution environment
- Fundamental knowledge of technology commercialization, Atlantic Canadian startup ecosystem and/or business community, and related government support agencies
This position offers a competiive salary and benefits package.
If you have skills that make you a strong candidate as our new Events and Communiciations Specialist, please fill out an application via Career Beacon. This position will remain open until it is filled. We will not be accepting applications via email.