Posted 6 days ago
Competition Number: 22007111
WEEKEND DOCK LEAD HAND
Midland Transport Limited has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing superior quality service to our customers. Our services include LTL, T/L, Courier Services, and Third Party Logistics/ Brokerage which provide the convenience of one-stop shipping.
Midland Transport is currently seeking a weekend Dock Lead Hand reporting to the Dock/Terminal Manager at the Dartmouth Terminal. The selected candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a "Can Do" attitude.
Thursday 12am to 8am
Saturday 4am to 4pm
Sunday 8am to 8pm
Monday 7am to 3pm
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Problem-solving ability with the required sense of urgency
- Knowledge of AS400 and MS Office
- Cross dock and forklift experience is a must
- Knowledge of productivity measures
- Working knowledge of different types of trailer equipment
- Developing and training dock employees
- Achieving and improving dock KPI goals
- Motivate employees to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure employees adhere to company procedures and policies
- Assist in achieving Terminal and Company Goals such as on-time delivery, safety, and claims
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later