Why This Role?
We are seeking a creative and adaptable individual to join our marketing team to generate, implement, and maintain exceptional firm content for internal and external marketing materials. Our ideal candidate excels at writing, communication, and has a flare for creating compelling content.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Ownership of internal and external digital marketing content, including creation, implementation, and maintenance of content such as:
- Website content: Coordination and implementation of all updates and changes to the firm's website, including writing, editing, and updating lawyer bios, news, and blogs.
- Promotional and advertisement material in electronic, online, or printed form.
- Internal and external communication: Creation and ownership of newsletters and digital advertisement boards.
- Advertising and social media content: Assisting with the digital creation of social material, including writing posting pieces.
- Publishing through various press formats: Creation and distribution.
- Administrative tasks as required, including but not limited to:
- Manual tracking of data, via Google Analytics, social channel tracking, etc.
- Spreadsheet work for record keeping, organization, and reference.
- Tracking and coding expenses accurately for Accounting and submitting invoices for payment as required.
- Document preparation: Preparing PowerPoints or other materials for lawyers participating in speaking engagements.
- Request For Proposals (RFPs): Coordinating the RFP submission process from start to finish, collaborating with the lawyers or COO for content as required, ensuring submissions are timely, accurate, and on brand.
- Monitor the Marketing inbox and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Marketing Coordinator occasionally with the organization of internal or external marketing events, including full-scale preparation, attendance management, and post-event breakdown. Events may be after regular working hours and will be compensated accordingly.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Previous experience in a marketing, communications, and digital content creation role;
- Secondary Education in Marketing, Public Relations, or a relevant field;
- Experience creating and/or utilizing brand standards;
- Extremely attentive to detail;
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality;
- Good database management skills;
- Experience with website editing and design;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to juggle priorities in a demanding work environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a wide range of people with various levels of knowledge and experience;
- Self-motivated and works effectively with minimal supervision;
- Experience working with the following programs WordPress, MSOffice, Adobe programing, specially Photoshop/Illustrator, Canva, Hootsuite, Mail Chimp, BrightAuthor, Facebook Business, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram is preferred but not necessarily required.
- Knowledge of Google AdWords, Analytics and SEM considered a significant asset.
A professional portfolio of previous written and design work will be a benefit in considering applicants for interview purposes.
Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing, full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our colleagues is often rooted in our shared community, which is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives including volunteer time programs, employee-driven initiatives, and monthly community giving to employee-selected charities. We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in our team's ability to be successful and maintain a vibrant working environment. Through social activities, financial literacy programs, fitness classes, wellness subsidy program, and committee-driven initiatives, our colleagues thrive at BOYNECLARKE.