Posted 14 days ago
Competition Number: 22006943
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Hybrid Work Available)
Midland Transport Limited has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing superior quality service to our customers. Our services include LTL, T/L, Courier Services, and Third-Party Logistics/ Brokerage which provide the convenience of one-stop shipping.
Midland Transport is currently seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist working out of our Quebec Location (Dorval or Quebec). In this role, you will lead Midland's full-cycle recruitment activities and translate hiring needs into strategic recruitment and implementation plan. If you want to be a valued member of our team, build positive and collaborative relationships, lead the conversation and explore new frontiers, this role is for you.
Who You Are:
- Education Required: Post-secondary education in a related field; business, administration, human resources, or marketing preferred
- Years of Experience Required:
- Experience recruiting within the transportation industry is preferred, but not required
- Process thinking and the ability/experience to work independently
- Customer focused with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure while managing multiple priorities
- A track record for bringing forward new and creative solutions to recruiting opportunities
- A keen eye for detail and demonstrating a high sense of urgency in delivering high-quality customer service
- Bilingualism required (French & English)
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with Midland's leadership team to develop a workforce plan, recruitment strategies, and programs that provide for effective recruitment.
- Collaborate with HR partners and hiring managers to support the recruitment lifecycle including posting requisitions, screening, conducting pre-employment assessments, and completing all background checks.
- Develop and execute comprehensive recruitment marketing plans to source qualified candidates using referral programs, social media platforms, targeting recruitment ads, and maintaining candidate pipelines.
- Effectively use the company's online applicant tracking system (Taleo) to create job postings, and track candidate flow for each required requisition.
- Evaluate applicants using a variety of screening and assessment techniques to identify qualified applicants, maintaining standards set by the Company.
- Coordinate with the Driver Services team to manage timeliness of practical evaluations, hiring, and orientation.
- Maintain knowledge of all provincial and federal employment regulations as they relate to recruitment.
- Coordinate and attend job fairs, community events, educational institutions, and other recruitment events.
- Compile recruitment data, identify emerging recruitment trends, and prepare reports as required.
- Work with headhunters & personnel agencies as required
To Apply for this Opportunity
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later