MC Advisory (MCA) is a boutique firm based in Atlantic Canada that combines both global and local experience to support the growth and development of Atlantic Canada. Drawing on the distinctive history and experience of McInnes Cooper as a leading Canadian law firm, MC Advisory is an innovative service that offers a fresh perspective to leaders and business owners in Atlantic Canada. We are growing and looking for a motivated M&A Advisor to add to our Business Growth & Legacy team.
Coordinate financial due diligence and provide other M&A transaction support to our clients relating to corporate finance engagements including buying, selling, and valuing businesses. In addition, candidates will be expected to work as part of a full-service MC Advisory team, liaising and building relationships with financial advisors/investment banks, legal advisors, corporate lenders, investors, and other stakeholders on an agreed scope of work. This includes:
- Taking a lead role in delivering M&A advisory services as part of a diverse team
- Reviewing and analyzing historical financial information, cash flow, working capital, net debt, capital expenditure, forecasts, and underlying assumptions
- Creating financial projections and cash flow models
- Designing and creating deliverables including business valuation reports and confidential information memorandums
- Participating in and leading business development initiatives
- Participating in negotiations
- Presenting findings and observations to senior management as transactions progress
- Reporting of potential key issues for our clients including identification of risk or price factors impacting investment decisions
- Helping to build and develop MCA's Business Growth & Legacy practice
- Completion of an undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials
- Completion of a CPA or other equivalent accounting designation is required
- Completion of or enrollment in the CPA In-Depth Tax Program considered an asset
- 3-5 years of applicable experience, ideally in the provision of tax advisory services, financial analysis and modeling, business transactions or business valuations
- Experienced with project management, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, project profitability and team leadership
- Experienced in business development and building a practice
- Strong external consulting or advisory experience
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely from a home office and travel throughout Atlantic Canada is required.
Work With Us
Accelerate your career and market impact with MCA. This role offers a unique opportunity to be an early joiner of a fast-growing professional services startup based in Atlantic Canada and focused on Atlantic Canada. At MCA, our purpose is accelerating the growth and development of Atlantic Canadian organizations, services, and communities. If you are seeking a chance to work with an exceptional team, be at the table to help shape the development of the firm, and immediately be an impact player supporting the development of the market please apply online.