Posted 27 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 22006600
North American Packaging Specialist
At Irving Consumer Products, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. Irving Consumer Products is a leading manufacturer of premium tissue products - including national brands and private label. We also manufacture private label diapers and training pants for North American retailers.
TheNorth American Packaging Specialist will be based out of Toronto, Ontario (1551 Weston Road, M6M 4Y4). The Packaging Specialist is responsible for the management and coordination of all packaging requirements, projects and support activities. The role will manage all packaging change initiatives, ensure all internal and external stakeholders meet quality standards, while meeting deliverable requirements within allotted timelines.. This is a permanent, full-time position.
We're offering growth and endless opportunity at a company that's on the rise, backed up by the security of the entire JDI group of companies. Continuous Improvement is part of our culture. That doesn't just refer to our cutting-edge tech or marketing model-it means supporting every member of our team to learn, grow and become a bigger part of the company.
- 3 - 5 years related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- PAC certificate an asset
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Establish and manage packaging timelines, budgets and forecast changes for all projects
- Management of packaging requirements for all new product initiatives, which include:
- Creative Design, Film/Plates, Corrugate
- Development of specifications
- Lead "Final Artwork" approval process
- Color proofing,
- Meeting PIF requirements,
- Coordination of "Press runs" with vendors, and approval of final packaging prior to plant utilization
- Liaison between Marketing, Logistics, Sales, Operations, and Product Managers
- Coordinate inventory run-out, approvals/dates, and packaging inventory valuations due to specification changes or SKU rationalization
- Weekly advising calls with each site
- Create project budgets
- Ensure accurate standards and specifications are up to date as it relates to materials, size and dimension, and regulatory requirement
- Develop dieline artwork to ensure regulatory compliance
- Manage packaging specification requirements as required for suppliers and customer specific requirements
- Trained on online approval/customer systems
- Manage customer/marketing/Sales expectations
- Directly engage customer design teams to ensure effective communications and alignment on packaging decisions and timelines
- conduct press approvals
- Continually partner with suppliers and internal purchasing team to enhance packaging efficiencies and to investigate new vendor opportunities or resolve quality related issues
What We Offer
Irving Consumer Products is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Consumer Products and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
- Hybrid flexible work options (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Concerned you don't meet every requirement? Research has shown that many people only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Consumer Products, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we're looking for with this role or others we have available!
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company!Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about our products and services, clickhere.
Irving Consumer Products is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later