Founded in 1903, the BF&M group of companies operates in Bermuda, Halifax and across the Caribbean. They take great pride in helping their customers protect what matters most, as well as giving back to the communities in which they work. BF&M is comprised of several companies selling health, life, pension, property and casualty insurance products.?They are currently recruiting for an Internal Auditor to join their team in Dartmouth.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the Internal Auditor provides a full range of financial, compliance, regulatory, information technology and operational audits.
Responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of the Group's governance, risk management, internal control and information technology framework.
- Assess compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations which have a significant impact on the Group.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual group-wide risk assessment, Internal Audit Charter, plan and policies and procedures.
- Develop risk-based audit programs and perform testing to ensure internal controls are designed and operating effectively.
- Document and discuss audit findings and recommendations to remediate internal control deficiencies and minimize risk exposures.
- Ensure successful completion of engagements, inclusive of planning fieldwork, reporting, wrap-up and follow-up testing.
- Coordinate direct assistance testing with external auditors to ensure proper coverage and minimize duplication of efforts.
- Perform assessment of the Internal Audit activity for conformance with the International Professional Practices Framework ("IPPF").
- Complete ad-hoc reviews, special investigations and/or other audits as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree with major in accounting or a related field.
- CPA designation with 5+ years post qualification experience with 3+ years in a similar role.
- CISA designation or proven knowledge in enterprise IT and cyber risk preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of the IPPF, generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards and National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Knowledge of insurance products either directly or by way of advising/auditing insurance clients.
- Demonstrate high standards of ethical conduct, independence, objectivity, confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written coupled with organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to achieve objectives when interacting with various stakeholders at various levels and in multiple jurisdictions.
- Commitment to completing deliverables on time, especially during busy season.
If you are a highly motivated and results driven accountant looking to join a well-established team, we want to hear from you! Connect with us for more details or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking the link below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at [email protected] If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.