Posted 3 days ago
Competition Number: 22006459
OUTSIDE CONTRACTOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between. We owe our success to our exceptional customer service, superior selection of home building supplies, and our commitment to protecting our customers and staff by hiring and training associates dedicated to our safety values. Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our locations.
Contractor Sales Representatives partner with contractors to fully understand their needs and assist in planning construction projects. As knowledgeable sales professionals, contractor sales representatives are able to make recommendations which solve customers' problems.
Typical career steps are to move to a specialized role in commercial or institutional sales, or to become a district sales manager.
- Demonstrates high standards of safety and customer service
- Is a resource for sales associates
- Produces quotes, material lists and follows up on deliveries
- Achieves weekly, monthly and annual sales targets
- Maintains a contact list and contact schedule for prospective and existing customers
- Grows the geographic sales area by building new relationships with contractors and strengthening relationships with existing accounts
- Continually learns about products and market conditions
- Independent, problem solver
- Confident, energetic and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, and can manage changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly develop a trusting relationship with new customers, and build rapport with existing customers
- Experience in sales is preferred
- A knowledge of lumber and building materials, and the construction process is an asset
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Deadline to apply: ______
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later