We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Controller.
As part of the Company's Finance team, the Assistant Controller will focus on ensuring accurate flow of information in accordance with IFRS and company policies, including SOX & NI 52-109 compliance for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements.
This position will appeal to an individual seeking a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment that offers a breadth of experience across the Company's business processes and offers connections to the entire organization.
This position will primarily focus on the financial reporting month-end close process for internal reporting and public disclosures. The key responsibilities related to these functions include:
- Assist the Financial Controller's management and oversight of the daily operations of the accounting department;
- Assist with banking activities, including review of supporting documentation for disbursements and certain online banking activities;
- Reviewing the month-end reconciliations for internal financial statements by leading revenue related analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, income statement variance analysis, associated accruals;
- Coordinate with the external auditors the quarterly reviews and annual audit;
- Assisting the Financial Controller's assistance to the Corporate Accounting team's monthly preparation of internal consolidated financial statements, and related analysis;
- Assisting the Financial Controller's assistance to the Corporate Accounting team's preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements (publicly filed - external consolidated financial statements);
- Assisting with the quarterly preparation of certain Financial Statements notes and MDA disclosures for the externally filed consolidated Financial Statements and MDA;
- Supervise, train, and support the senior accountant(s) and accountant(s) positions;
- Assist in software upgrades and implementations related to daily transactions and accounting;
- Assist with requests and requirements from the external auditors and internal auditors regarding internal control activities;
- Assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of supporting schedules and filings for the various tax filing activities, including corporate income tax, excise tax, GST, HST, payroll, etc.;
- Head Accountant for a partnership of a joint product development collaboration with an international organization;
- Assist with the implementation of the new ERP system;
- Supporting the Financial Controller with workflow process improvement and pursuing special projects;
- Assist with any ad hoc requests, as requested;
- Respond to changing needs of the business, performing other tasks, as reasonably required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Business Administration or Commerce majoring in Accounting or Finance or other relevant education;
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in finance and accounting type roles;
- Knowledge of IFRS and applicable internal controls concepts considered an asset;
- CPA designation required;
- High attention to detail with outstanding listening, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Adaptable, flexible, and patient in a rapidly changing environment coupled with conflict resolution abilities;
- Excellent analytical skills and creative approach to problem solving by analyzing alternatives and recommending appropriate accounting, solutions, and best practices;
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple deadlines and priorities and showing initiative and taking responsibility of financial reporting area of expertise;
- Team player and able to collaborate with others throughout the organization;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint);
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, coupled with self-learning capabilities;
- High level of professionalism.
For more information and to apply online, please visit the Careers page of our Website at: https://www.organigram.ca/careers
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.