Novacorp Properties Limited ("Novacorp") is currently looking for a mature, enthusiastic individual to immediately fill the full-time position of Live-in Superintendent in a 66 unit apartment building in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Novacorp specializes in the management of residential and commercial properties for property owners throughout Atlantic Canada. Novacorp acts as agent for Northwoodcare Realty Inc. ("Northwood"), the owner of a Almon Place, a 'Retirement Living' apartment building in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Northwood's innovations have always been guided by the conviction of its founder - Ed Roach, that seniors should be lifted out of the loneliness, and isolation he witnessed in the 1960s. Northwood is proud to continue the journey of their founder, ever mindful of the 'Live More' philosophy that is their legacy and honour to pass to future generations.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
· Maintain the cleanliness of all common areas of the building and property including routine daily, weekly and periodic cleaning tasks;
· Conduct routine inspections, minor repairs and maintenance on common areas and building systems and equipment;
· Undertake light shovelling/ salting of walkways and building entrances
· Perform small repair work such as painting, wall repairs, door repairs, and other site maintenance;
· Ensure the appearance of the property grounds is kept to a high standard;
· Communicate regularly with the Property Manager reporting any building deficiencies;
· Assist the Property Manager in enforcing building rules and policies;
· Maintain positive and professional relationships and communication with residents;
· Manage move-ins and outs, including elevator bookings, lease signing and in/out inspections;
· Oversee third party contractors and service providers
· On-call for after-hours emergencies;
· Maintain good relations with tenants;
· Assist in other areas as issues arise.
Skills & qualifications for this position include:
· Ability to take direction from direct supervisor when provided;
· Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and a general knowledge of building systems and operations;
· Ability to handle minor issues and repairs. Good painting skills are an asset. When necessary organize, call and supervise the work of contractors;
· Able to effectively manage contractors working in the building and on the property;
· Able to think independently and diplomatically solve problems, using patience and a common-sense approach;
· Be responsive to residents needs;
· Be able to work independently but also as an integral part of the management team;
· Have strong communication and organizational skills;
· Have basic administrative and computer skills including knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office programs, email and other systems such as security and intercom software.
Work With Us
· Salary (to be negotiated);
· Allowance for utilities
· Cell phone and plan provided;
· Two-bedroom suite provided (taxable benefit);
· Two weeks paid vacation (after one full year of employment)