Graphite Innovation and Technologies (GIT) is a global marine coatings innovator developing and commercializing a full range of marine coating systems. As a trusted partner with global shipowners, we help unlock peak vessel efficiency, performance, and protection of the marine environment. GIT's smart protective coatings are faster to apply, saving shipowners both time and money. GIT's patented coating portfolio accelerates the achievement of customer's sustainability goals.
What you'll be doing
GIT is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our head office, located in Dartmouth, NS. This full time, permanent position will work collaboratively within the accounting and finance function and cross-functionally across the organization. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Manager will lead the preparation and delivery of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting packages, support related compliance and special reporting. The role will champion the use of technology in reporting and promote identification of process improvements and efficiencies.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reporting packages
- Lead the year-end audit preparation and work directly with auditors
- Manage and optimize the financial reporting close process
- Process payables, ensuring compliance with vendor terms
- Maintain accurate inventory records and accurately determine cost of goods sold
- Manage external bookkeepers
- Assist in annual budgeting process
- Assist in the transition of financial reporting systems and processes to support company growth
- Perform other ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required
What we're looking for
As the ideal candidate, you have an undergraduate degree in accounting/finance and have your CPA designation or are close to receiving it. The successful candidate will have 3-5 years' experience in accounting, including experience in audit and financial reporting.
You will also possess:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, analyze data, and resolve complex problems
- Self-starter, with proven time-management and problem-solving skills and a commitment to meeting deadlines
If you're excited by the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a company driving sustainable, environmentally friendly changes in the maritime sector, please submit your resume and cover letter as a single pdf file to [email protected] with the subject Accounting Manager.
At GIT, we value and celebrate diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals of any race, colour, religion, gender identity, orientation, national origin, or disability status. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please let us know.