Posted 19 days ago
Competition Number: 22006363
Ground Operations Supervisor - Forest Patrol Limited
Forest Patrol Ltd. is currently seeking candidates for the full-time role of Ground Operations Supervisor in Juniper, NB.
This role will be responsible for managing the daily ground operations of Forest Patrol Limited throughout our seasonal program. With a focus on operational excellence, the Ground Operations Supervisor will deliver a top-quality program, on time, while following JDI best practices.
Forest Patrol Ltd is responsible for helping with the protection of the forest and silviculture investment for present and future generations. Our operation utilizes fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft to monitor and treat our land base across New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Maine. We are fast paced and directed by the time and weather. This is a role that is best suited to those that like to be outdoors, are highly organized, and are not afraid to push their limits.
- Managing all aspects of the ground operations including program planning, execution, logistics, people management, regional coordination, and safety
- Coach, align, and manage the performance of up to ten direct reports to achieve stretch targets in their area of responsibility
- Facilitate communication between the Ground Operations, Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing aerial teams
- Challenge the status quo and identify opportunities for improvement throughout the operation
- Assist in the audit of wildland fire readiness
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry, Agriculture, Natural Resource Management or related undergraduate degree.
- Proven silviculture, forestry, or agriculture related experience
- Experience leading a team and managing their performance
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong safety focus
- Willingness to work weekends and travel throughout operating regions as required
J.D. Irving Woodlands is JDI's division dedicated to overseeing sustainable forest management, research and conservation, and protection of our forests from fire and insect outbreaks. Focused on rigorous land management and responsible stewardship, Irving Woodlands is guided by a 100-year Management Plan that preserves the environmental and ecological integrity of our land, air, water and wildlife. We are committed to applying disciplined science, advanced technology and best practices while ensuring accountability through independent audits and environmental certification.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later