Posted 15 days ago
Competition Number: 22006287
RESEARCH/PLANT BREEDING ASSISTANT
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world.
Cavendish Farms is looking forFull Time seasonal Research/Plant Breeding Assistant to work at our Research Facility in New Annan, PE. Expected start date will be on September 23, 2022. Reporting to the Research Plant Breeder, the successful candidate is detail oriented, disciplined on the execution of tasts, very organized and has the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
Work Location: 25533 Route 2, New Annan, PE, C0B 1M0
Rate of pay: $ 16.89 an hour.
- Completion of, or in process of completing, post secondary education or equivalent years in experience. BSc in Agronomy, plant science or biology preferred.
- Experience operating farm equipment is an asset
- Willingness to work extended hours, including weekends
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- High degree of attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently
- Must have a valid drivers license is an asset
- Collect and analyze data in the field, laboratory and greenhouse
- Assist with plant breeding programfunctions, including planting and transplanting, crossing/pollination, collection of pollen, harvesting of fruit samples, seed extraction, and the proper storage of seeds and tubers
- Assist with the propagation of parental lines in the greenhouse
- Operate and maintain computer and lab equipment
- Support breeding and research field work, including seed preperation, planting, rogueing, harvest and grading
- Responsible for maintenance of plants in the greenhouse, including planting, watering and harvesting potatoes
- All other duties as required
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/ or send a copy of your resume to [email protected]
Posting will be active until position is filled.
*Please Note: A background check and drug screen will be required prior to an employment offer being extended.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later