Industrial Mechanic Millwright
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands.
The Industrial Mechanic Millwright will be based out of Toronto, Ontario (1551 Weston Road, M6M 4Y4). We are an organization built on more than 125 years of hard work and determination. We are looking for an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) who is passionate about our history and is excited to be part of our future to join our Toronto (Jane and Weston) location. This is a permanent, full-time position. The primary language of work is English.
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
- 433A Industrial Mechanic Millwright License
- Previous completion of an apprenticeship is strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the manufacturing industry
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to safety policies and procedures
- Able to work in fast paced production environment with multiple priorities
- High degree of attention to detail, precision and follow through
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shift
- Machining experience is an asset
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Adhere to all Site and Department Safe Practices, and ensure anyone working in their immediate area is held to those same standards
- Utilize technical skills to execute planned maintenance and address break-in work
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain industrial and mechanical equipment
- Conduct preventive maintenance on all equipment
- Actively participate in the planning process to ensure that the right work is being completed at the right time by the right resources
- Execute work as scheduled by planners (to include PMs, inspections, rounds, etc.)
- Ensure documentation of maintenance work occurs according to Maintenance Best Practices (prep for history, work complete, critique, failure analysis, etc.)
- Document all maintenance work (scheduled work and break-in work) and its status in the shift logbook system and work order system
- Utilize computerized maintenance tools to execute jobs effectively
- Be involved in root cause analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting in his or her area of responsibility
- Complete shift assessment to understand overall process health, documents findings
- Work collaboratively with other technical and operational resources
- Interface with Maintenance Coordinator and other maintenance leaders for coaching and direction setting
What We Offer
Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Starting hourly rate of CAD $49.29
- Opportunity for overtime and ability to earn $100,000 annually
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.