Posted 17 days ago
Competition Number: 22006272
Maintenance Co-op Student Job - Winter 2023
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands.
TheMaintenance Co-op Student will be based out of Toronto, Ontario (1551 Weston Road, M6M 4Y4). This is a temporary student position.
We have an excellent student program at J.D. Irving with formal and informal opportunities to meet and network with people from all across the business, including other students. This is a great experience that will provide you with real, valuable work experience that will allow you to challenge yourself and learn from industry-leading professionals!
- Mechanical Engineering Students preferred, Process Engineering Students may also be an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Excellent communicator
- Time Management Skills
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing setting is considered an asset
- Experience working with Microsoft Project considered an asset
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsible for continuing our spare parts inventory project, including the design and organization of storage solutions within our new storeroom facility
- Support the Work Order Process initiative, which involves working closely with our Maintenance Planners and Operations teams
- Assist in developing our skills assessment and training plan initiatives
- Developing and editing Bills of Materials, Equipment Trees, and Work Orders
- Working with and supporting the Maintenance Team, including our mechanical, electrical, and facilities teams with other duties assigned
- Converting the Hard copy library to a searchable soft copy library and organizing both libraries with support from the maintenance teams
What We Offer
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Signing incentives for full-time roles for graduating students who have completed a work term within J.D. Irving (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company!Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, clickhere.
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later