Information Technology Support Specialist - CC#22-04-145
Competition #: CC#22-04-145
Position: IT Support Specialist
Family of Schools: Chignecto
Location(s): E.B. Chandler Junior High School
Hours Per Day: 8.0
Hours Per Week: 40.0
School Hours: 8:00AM-4:30PM
Percentage: 12 Months
Salary: $27.23/hr as per CCRCE/NSGEU Collective Agreement
Post Date: Thursday September 8, 2022
Close Date: Thursday September 22, 2022 at 4:00:00PM
Anticipated Start Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2022
End Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Introduction Reporting to the Manager of Technology Infrastructure, the Information Technology Support Specialist (ITSS) is responsible for the installation and maintenance of technical and computer-related information systems within the schools of the Chignecto Central Regional Centre of Education (CCRCE). An ITSS ensures technology is current, organized and is available and operating as expected. An ITSS will support CCRCE stakeholders with the many web applications and resources available to our staff and students
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in the information technology field
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CompTIA A+ certified
- Successful completion of a criminal records check and child abuse registry check
- Proficient in the diagnosis and repair of desktop computers, mobile devices such as Laptops, Tablets and Chromebooks and Multimedia projectors
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN technology including wireless networks
- Experience with:
- ticket system recording accurate time and excellent written and logical troubleshooting steps
- Software installations and software licensing
- Ability to work at heights
- Physical ability to perform the required duties.
- Valid drivers license and reliable vehicle.
- Update all assigned requests and communicates the status of support requests to their clients.
- Keep up to date inventory on an ongoing basis and ensures inventory is assigned the proper grade range and usage according to CCRCE guidelines.
- Identify and repair technological problems within the regions computer systems.
- Install, configure, upgrade and repair technology devices used in CCRCE schools and offices.
- Install and configure software and apps on technology devices used in CCRCE schools and offices and must be able to provide application support.
- Install, configure, monitor and troubleshoot LANs in CCRCE schools and offices.
- Provide technical support and advice to end users in the form of troubleshooting and fixing problems related to Windows and Macintosh computers, tablets, printers, mobile devices and peripherals.
- Properly support our stakeholders using appropriate resources such as google, project notes and online forums
- Ensure stakeholders are using resources such as storage of data, computer resources and the internet appropriately.
- Troubleshoot Internet connectivity issues and minor network and wireless problems using various software tools.
- Participate in professional development activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Information Technology.
- Effective Communication (both written and oral)
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Effective time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience and knowledge of technology in education including Google Apps for Education;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- First Aid
- Fall Protection
Interested applicants must apply electronically through this online careers page: https://jobs.ednet.ns.ca/go/Chignecto-Central-Regional-School-Board/2295517/
Interested applicants must attach a résumé with a concise covering letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience. The names of at least three (3) relevant professional references must be included. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a Child Abuse Registry Check and a Criminal Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment in accordance with CCRCE policies and procedures.