Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Reference No. CG-16383
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with CityWest. CityWest is a municipally owned telecommunications holding company which provides telephone, cable television, and internet services in Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada and the surrounding regions.
As a field technician you will be responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of residential and business services.
This opportunity is a part of the municipal pension plan and offers 100% paid benefits.
- Responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of CityWest outside plant services
- Detect, diagnose, and correct problems affecting the services provided to our customers
- Construct, install, repair, and maintain any related equipment in aerial and underground applications
- Installation and disconnection residential and commercial services
- Operate test equipment related to the maintenance of all systems
- Maintain accurate system records and documentation for all work orders
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Must be comfortable working at varying heights with proper use of 32ft ladder
- Must be comfortable lifting a maximum of 25kg.
- Promote a positive image of CityWest and our products and services
- Grade 12 or equivalent
Qualifications and Experience
- Valid BC Driver's license: must provide drivers abstract
- 3-5 years' experience as a Technician in the telecommunications field or equivalent level of relevant experience
- Understanding of installation procedures for TV, phone and internet
- Must be comfortable working at varying heights with proper use of ladders
- Experience pole climbing is an asset
- Competent troubleshooting skills in CityWest products and services
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive "can do" attitude and customer-focused approach
- Must be able to travel to other systems if required Skills and Competencies:
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective organizational, time management and prioritization
- Commitment to on-going professional development
This is a diverse workforce and equal opportunity employer that welcomes applications from all races and genders.
If you are interested and/ or have questions about this opportunity, contact Cassandra George, Senior Consultant at 647-888-5199 or [email protected] If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Cassandra know
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.