Posted 14 days ago
Competition Number: 22006219
Atlantic Towing Limited is a well-established Marine Company with a diverse fleet of Harbour, Coastal/Deep Sea Tugs, as well as, Offshore Supply Vessels with locations in Saint John, New Brunswick, Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John's, Newfoundland.
We are currently accepting applications for casual Deckhands in our Offshore Fleet.
- Education Required: Trade Certification or Associate's Degree
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years
- Bridge Watchman Certificate of Competency
- Marine Emergency Duties
- Marine First Aid and CPR
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate (TDG)
- Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Make safety and protection of the environment the top priority at all times by adhering to the company's protective clothing policies and safe working practices and procedures, under the direction and supervision of the Deck Officers
- Perform watchkeeping duties, as requested by the Officer of the Watch
- Perform fire and security rounds and maintain gangway watch while in port, as instructed by the Officer of the Watch
- Perform general maintenance and hygiene duties as directed by the Chief Officer, including painting, cleaning, planned maintenance work, and tank inspections
- Perform deckhand duties at port and offshore installations including:
- Mooring, unmooring and line handling
- Handling ship-assist lines
- Loading stores
- Cargo loading, discharging, and back loading including cargo hose handling
- Cargo lashing
- Anchor-handling and towing operations
- Contribute to ATL's safety culture by:
- Understanding and complying with various safety processes within the Safety Management System
- Possessing the skills to perform job related tasks and apply safe practices while performing physical tasks
- Having a thorough understanding of precautions and procedures related to the Safety Management System
- Having thorough understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Atlantic Towing Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later