Posted 18 days ago
Competition Number: 22006243
Chemical/Process Engineering Student - Winter 2023
We currently have exciting opportunities within our operations for Chemical/Process Engineering Students to join our teams in Saint John and Utopia, New Brunswick, for the Winter 2023 Work Term (January - April).
- Currently pursing a degree in Chemical/Process Engineering and in good academic standing
- Available for full-time work from January - April 2023
- Team player with a safety first mindset
- Ability to effectively time manage multiple projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Long-term interest in an engineering career
What You Can Expect from your Work Term:
You will get a hands-on work term working in our state-of-the-art facilities alongside our world-class professionals. Tasks may include:
- Providing technical support and services to the operations department
- Provide process engineering services as part of improvement projects across the site.
- Process monitoring and data analysis to identify opportunities to improve productivity, quality, and cost.
- Monitor effluent characteristics and ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Participate in troubleshooting of process, environmental and operational issues.
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities in Engineering, Leadership, Maintenance, and Many Other Disciplines
- Employee Programs: Fitness Reimbursements, Student Housing, Free Parking
- More Than $400 Million Recently Invested Into Improving and Growing All Our Mills.
This position will be based on-site at one of our 4 mill locations. We have 3 mills located in Saint John, NB and the 4th is located approximately 45 minutes outside of the city in Utopia, NB. Each student is responsible to provide their own reliable form of transportation to and from work.
The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Pulp and Paper Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later