We have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineering Technologist / Technician to join our team in our Saint John Geotechnical and Materials office.
The Geotechnical & Materials branch has grown to become a leading regional provider of these engineering services to the commercial, institutional, heavy industrial, transportation, municipal infrastructure, energy & utilities, and large residential sectors. We deliver sound engineering solutions to our customers through innovation and by applying best practices.
Our services include:
- Geotechnical investigations;
- Geotechnical engineering design;
- Concrete technology and materials engineering design;
- Consultation during tendering;
- Construction monitoring and on-site engineering assistance during construction;
- Construction Quality Assurance/Quality Control;
- Materials testing of soil, concrete, asphalt and construction aggregates.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Perform quality assurance/quality control field testing and inspection of concrete, soil, and asphalt;
- Carry out field review of civil construction works;
- Carry out laboratory QA/QC testing on soils, rock, concrete, and asphalt materials;
- Assist with geotechnical investigations - including the sampling of soil and rock from boreholes and test pits; and
- Interface with clients on laboratory and field test results.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology preferred;
- Recent Civil Engineering University graduates will be considered;
- No prior experience required however, any experience with QA/QC testing, building construction, and/or inspection services would be considered an asset; and
- Eligibility for registration with New Brunswick Society of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (NBSCETT) an asset.
- Excellent oral and written language skills;
- Strong analytical, project management and problem-solving skills;
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and cooperate with a team in various environments; and
- Valid New Brunswick driver's license (or eligible).
What we can offer you:
- Flexible hours and locations to support work/life balance;
- Diverse team with a wide range of experience and expertise;
- Exposure to a variety of projects;
- Support to develop skills and pursue projects related to your own interests;
- Collaboration between multiple disciplines and levels of expertise;
- Mentoring opportunities to foster your personal and professional development;
- Accessible and central offices in Atlantic Canada and Ottawa;
- Access to training opportunities in areas ranging from technical development to leadership skills;
As an employee-owned firm, at CBCL, our people are everything. We are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity for a workplace where everyone can thrive, and we build long-term relationships with our clients while providing them with innovative solutions.
We have earned recognition as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. Our multitalented group of professionals offer consulting in the Infrastructure, Water and Wastewater, Buildings, Industrial, and Earth and Environment sectors. We value our people, our communities, and our history and look forward to continuing our steady growth.
Along with our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint corporately, CBCL develops and implements sustainable engineering solutions that respect the current social and environmental impacts, as well as future implications of our designs.
CBCL operates from its twelve offices in Halifax and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; St. John's, NL, and Ottawa, ON.
CBCL Limited strives to provide a diverse workplace that is inclusive, accessible and celebrates individuals and what makes us unique.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.