About Atlantic Cultivation Atlantic Cannabis
Atlantic Cultivation Ltd (ACL) is a premium cannabis cultivator located in the heart of St. John's, NL. We offer a diverse range of products available to consumers in the recreational cannabis market. We've also obtained 10 Cannabis Retail Licenses from the NLC, which are called Atlantic Cannabis. We currently have locations in St. John's, Goulds, Gander, Grand Falls-Windsor, and Corner Brook. From coast to coast, we're a team of passionate cannabis enthusiasts and we would love to have you on our team!
Our production facility and our retail locations operate around our core values, which are a commitment to quality, community and fun! We expect you to live by these values and help us solidify our place in the NL cannabis market.
The Role - Store Manager - Topsail Road Atlantic Cannabis
We're currently recruiting for a Store Manager at our Topsail Road location in St. John's. This location is our flagship store and one of the busiest retail cannabis locations in NL! As Store Manager, you're not only front and centre for all the action, you're also behind the scenes ensuring everything runs smoothly. You're the liaison between ACL management and the retail staff. You're essentially the retail jack of all trades and we'll entrust you to lead a passionate team that delivers high-quality customer experience.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Store Manager is responsible for:
- Being a Brand Ambassador for ACL.
- Managing Operational Excellence by leading by example and coaching your team to excellence by following ACL's vision, mission and values.
- Being a champion for your teams growth and development with ACL with a strong focus on developing a robust sales team.
- Complying with all ACL policies and procedures, current and future.
- Providing guidance and training on retail policies and procedures for sales staff.
- Preparing all monthly regulatory reporting.
- Assisting in ensuring the store is operationally ready for service, including tracking stock and supply numbers and placing orders in a timely manner.
- Overseeing product shipments, transfers and recording.
- Ensuring inventory is accurate and that controls are in place for loss prevention.
- Managing the labour budget while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Managing our social media platforms and ensuring the proper communications are being posted in a respectful and exciting manner.
- Assisting with developing and maintaining strong relationships with the local community and participating in company social responsibility events.
- Preparation of payroll, staff scheduling, and bank deposits.
- Reviewing and ensuring all store daily logs are filled out properly.
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of in-store products and keeping informed on industry-wide news.
- Participating in staff education, merchandising and promotional activities.
- Troubleshooting customer concerns and sharing solutions to issues with management.
Qualifications, Personal Characteristics and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years experience in retail/customer service
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory/management role
- Experience working in a cannabis retail environment and/or with controlled substances is considered an asset
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent - Post secondary education in business is preferred
- Communication Interpersonal Skills - The SM must be able to effectively communicate with various facets of the organization, using their interpersonal skills to build long-lasting and trusting relationships.
- Coaching Performance Management Abilities - The SM must be highly effective at coaching those under their direction so all employees are performing to the best of their abilities.
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills - The SM will be tasked with complex problems involving employees and/or customers. The ability to solve problems so all stakeholders are happy is essential to this role.
- Have reliable transportation
- Able to work a flexible schedule and be on-call for emergencies
- Must be 19 or older
- Criminal Record Check required and will be completed by the company if successful
Atlantic Cannabis stores are open 7 days a week. For our employees, these hours allow for flexibility in scheduling, and for our customers, these hours allow for flexibility in shopping. Win win!
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including full H&D benefits as well as a RRSP matching program.
Interested? Want to become the newest member of our team?
Write us a cover letter explaining why you're passionate about cannabis and what excites you about this industry and opportunity. Ensure your resume clearly outlines how your qualifications and skills make you a great fit for a role in the cannabis retail industry. And please confirm your phone number and email address are correct so we can easily contact you.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in joining our organization, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.