Chaleur Forest Products has a job opportunity with access to pension and benefits for a Millwright / Industrial Mechanic in Belledune and Bathurst, New Brunswick.
Chaleur Forest Products is the result of the consolidation of two established forest products companies and operates three sites in New Brunswick. Our mills located in Bathurst and Belledune have completely automated lines, producing over 300 million board feet of lumber per year. The woodlands and forestry management operations are based in Miramichi.
Our lumber is marketed throughout North America and distributed by rail and truck to the Canadian and the US Eastern Seaboard. Chaleur Forest Products employs over 400 people across our sites.
At Chaleur Forest Products we strive to be industry leaders in the Safety field, we work to provide all our employees a safe and healthy work environment
- Millwrights are required to safely perform quality work, provide support services, and perform preventative maintenance processes that pertain to optimum mechanical performance of our facility including, but not limited to:
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment such as pumps, fans, and conveyors.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Repair or replace chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains; hydraulics & pneumatics; welding/cutting; and using power tools.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes and jacks during the installation, set-up, and repair of machinery.
- Participating in the PM program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machine centers.
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance tasks throughout the operation.
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliance.
- Journeyman Millwright.
- Experience work in in industrial setting, sawmill an asset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Commitment to safety.
- Willingness to work varied shifts (days, nights)
- Driver's license and reliable means of transportation
Work With Us
- Paid Leave
- Great health benefits
- Pension contributions
- Retention bonuses
- Full time/ Permanent
- Recognition bonuses
It's no wonder why people love working for such an amazing company like Chaleur Forest Products.?Join one of Northern New Brunswick's fastest growing employers!