Posted 28 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 22005970
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
Thinking strategically, and in coordination with your District HRBP and our Recruitment team, you will be challenged to develop and maintain solutions to sustainable talent sourcing pipelines. You will gain experience using our applicant tracking system to post open positions and administer various state-of-the-art assessments. Our on-site supervisors and hiring managers will look to you as the expert providing support and guidance on the recruitment process, policies and procedures. Recognizing that virtual screening, interviewing and career fairs are now the new normal; we have the tools to get the job done! However, there will also be opportunities to get out of the office and meet our candidates at relevant job fairs and community events, as necessary.
- Work and report to your district's Human Resource Business Partner
- Post requisitions, conduct interviews, complete reference checks, background checks, arrange/complete drug testing of applicants.
- Various HR administrative duties and special assignments as required.
- Conducts research of sourcing of qualified candidates.
- Assists with customized screening including the following: post requisitions, conduct interviews, complete reference checks, background checks, arrange/complete drug testing of applicants.
- Refers appropriate candidates to HRBP and/or hiring supervisor.
- Provides support coordination of recruitment projects and related services to supervisors, hiring managers, recruitment team members, and others.
- Participates in job fairs, community activities, and other public and departmental recruitment-related events.
- Assist with employee onboarding.
- Assists with identifying issues affecting recruitment and implementing recruitment activities to continuously improve process.
- Other duties as assigned by HRBP
- 2 years minimum experience
- High level of attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent Computer Skills: Excel, SharePoint, and Power Point
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Flexible, positive attitude and ability to thrive in a changing environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Associate's degree in business, or related field; OR two (2) years of directly related experience
- Minimum two (2) years of administrative support experience in recruitment or related area
- Minimum one (1) year of candidate sourcing or related experience would be considered an asset.
- HR certification would be considered an asset
- Bilingualism would be considered as asset
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later