We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Internal Auditor.
Reporting to the Manager of Internal Audit, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the team in performing both advisory projects and audits, as well as in evaluating the effectiveness of processes and controls within Finance, Technology and other significant business units with respect to the ICFR programs in accordance with National Instrument 52-109 ("NI 52-109) and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 ("SOX").
This position will appeal to an individual seeking a fast-paced, risk focused, team environment that offers breadth of experience throughout the Company's business processes and connections to the entire organization.
Working with team members in Internal Audit, Finance, Information Technology, and Operations, this position will perform reviews and evaluations of control effectiveness, and perform projects related to the key areas of (1) regulatory compliance, (2) operational audit compliance (3) special projects. The key responsibilities related to these functions include:
- Assisting Internal Audit team in performing financial, operational or compliance audits using a risk-based methodology, including the incorporation of data & analytic procedures where relevant;
- Assist in executing internal audits and reviews, including interviewing business process owners and developing process documentation (i.e., flowcharts, narratives, and risk and control matrices) and audit procedures designed to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the programs and controls established to mitigate risks;
- Perform testing of design and operating effectiveness of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting and developing plans to remediate deficiencies identified.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Commerce majoring in Accounting or Finance, or other relevant degree;
- Willingness to pursue professional designation (CPA, CIA, CISA or other applicable designations or certifications) is considered an asset;
- Basic understanding of financial reporting principles and procedures;
- Understanding of internal control concepts;
- Experience working with publicly traded companies is considered an asset;
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of IFRS is considered an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to influence, negotiate, mediate and engage across the organization by building collaborative relationships with diverse groups at various levels within the organization;
- Analytical skills and creative approach to problem solving;
- Flexible and willing to learn new ways, methods, and approaches as well as to adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- Team player and ability to work independently with high level of professionalism;
- Knowledge of MS Office and Excel;
- Time management and strong attention to detail in all areas of work;
- Proactive and willing to take on initiative;
- Bilingual (French) is considered an asset.
For more information and to apply online, please visit the Careers page of our Website at: https://www.organigram.ca/careers.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Organigram is an equal opportunity employer.