Office Location Kentville, NS
Req # 8071
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Accountant [Audit] your responsibilities will include:
• Planning, preparing and execution of financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations
• Providing solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions
• Planning fieldwork assignments including budget and resource needs
• Working closely with clients and providing exceptional client service
• Building our reputation as the preferred business advisors in key sectors of our growing practice
• Preparation of corporate and personal tax returns
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Accountant [Audit]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• CPA designation or designation near completion
• 3+ Years of public practice audit experience
• Strong technical expertise in audit, accounting and tax
• Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
• Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
• Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience in leading teams of professionals on diverse engagements
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite and ability to grasp new technology tools
Location: Kentville, NS (Travel to other locations as required)
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.