Posted 14 days ago
Competition Number: 22005554
Warehouse Material Handlers
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ almost 3700 people in our 49 stores, distribution center. Our growth has been built on a reputation for excellence and allows us to continue to create jobs and offer opportunities for our associates.
We have expanded our distribution facility that was opened in 2014 to add another 200,000 sq.ft. This expansion offers opportunities for Warehouse Material Handlers who want to start their career in supply management and logistics.
Kent is supporting our employees towards Permanent Residency after one year of work experience in the Material Handler position.
Manage time, pick, receive goods/products, and physically pull inventory from the shelves to ensure accurate delivery of warehouse products. Also packs orders, including shrink wrapping contents onto pallets, all while ensuring orders are accurate and records of inventory are kept up to date for a smooth flow in warehouse operations.
- Select products using voice/head set or RF gun.
- Build safe pallets.
- Drive machines (e.g. Center Rider) while following safety procedures.
- Work in accordance with the warehouse safety rules.
- Education Required: High School or GED.
- Previous warehouse experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Position is physically demanding; applicants must be able to lift to 69 lbs/ 31 Kg throughout the shift.
- Excellent work ethic and reliability.
- Safety conscious.
- Ability to work with others.
- Must have reliable transportation.
What We Offer:
- Evening and overnight shift premiums
- Safe workplace
- Competitive wages
- Employee discount
- Benefits including health, dental and drug coverage; disability insurance and RRSP - eligible after 90 days of employment.
- Incentive programs
- Uniform program
- Day Shift (7:00AM-3:30PM): $18.00
- Evening Shift (3:00PM-11:30PM): $19.25
- Overnight Shift (11:00PM-7:30AM): $20.50
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later