NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: To be determined
FACILITY: To be determined
DEPARTMENT: Health Analytics
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: September 2022
HOURS OF WORK:
8-shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent applies their specialized knowledge in research methods in epidemiology and biostatistics to study the frequency and distribution of health issues over time, as well as the role of their determining factors. The incumbent performs the following duties: conducts critical analyses of scientific literature, plans and carries out data collection, analyzes and interprets various health data and communicates them through presentations, reports and scientific articles; is responsible for pooling, validating and analyzing data from various sources (for example: health records, satisfaction surveys, infection prevention, incident reports, etc.) with a view to understanding the trends and results obtained to support the organization in its care delivery and to improve the quality, safety and experience of patients and families; is also responsible for building databases, automation of internal reports, creation of reports and presentation of information intended to help leaders, physicians and professionals understand the information and make decisions.
- Undergraduate university degree in health, statistics administration or a related field;
- Master's or doctorate degree in epidemiology or biostatistics;
- Any other combination of training deemed relevant;
- At least 10 years' experience in a similar position;
- A combination of training and experience deemed equivalent may be considered;
- Advanced Excel skills and demonstrated expertise working with computerized systems and software (Access, Microsoft suite, etc.);
- Advanced skills using statistical analysis and business intelligence software (Power BI, STATA, etc.);
- Good analytical thinking, ability to summarize, and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills;
- Good communication skills in all areas (reading, writing, speaking);
- Knowledge of the hospital setting or health;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.