Posted 16 days ago
Competition Number: 22005468
Dredging Surveyor/ Associate Project Manager
Harbour Development is a large Eastern Canadian Marine Construction and Dredging company. We specialize with delivering professional services in all aspects of marine dredging and marine construction services to various private and public marine stakeholders throughout Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Western Canada. We operate a fleet of spud barge dredges, shallow draft workboats, tugboats, cranes and dump scows, that is primarily located in Saint John, New Brunswick.
We are currently seeking an individual for the position Dredging Surveyor to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who is passionate about delivering with excellence.
- Provide shore and dredge with accurate surveys and vessel positioning to ensure accurate measurements and correct location of excavation and or fill, as per contract
- Work with civil and structural designs to provide detailed AutoCAD drawings for marine infrastructure, and dredge project
- Gather data and issue accurate and detailed daily reports
- Troubleshoot computer related issues on all vessels as necessary
- Assist in the generation of daily reports and assembly and maintenance of proper job records
- Provide daily support of project procurement requirements
- Contribute to Harbour Developments safety culture by:
- Understanding and complying with processes within the Safety Management System.
- Possessing the skills to perform job related tasks and apply safe practices while performing physical tasks.
- Having a thorough understanding of precautions and procedures related to the Safety Management System.
- Having thorough understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection.
Training, Experience and Certification Requirements:
- Graduate of Civil or Geomatics Technology Program or Survey Engineering Program.
- Preferably 2-5 years' experience as a survey technician.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD and good working knowledge of survey software
- Experience using dredging software would be considered an asset
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience in construction and/or marine environment would be considered an asset
- Must be able to work flexible shifts as required
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Harbour Development Incorporated is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later