Posted 15 days ago
Competition Number: 22005210
Are you curious about how technology and processes drive business and innovation?You don't need to have a technical background to grow into the IT world.If you are motivated by connecting with others and leading change this is an opportunity to spread your wings in a new, diverse, and critical position within a fast-paced environment.To be successful you will need to live and breathe detail.Organization is your middle name, and no one can lead a meeting as effectively as you.We are seeking aptitude and passion to learn, grow and contribute.
With support, Business Analysts enable change within JDI by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders while also considering the potential implications of technology in the current business environment.
We are looking for aBusiness Analystto join our Business Solutions Group in Halifax, NS. As the most modern shipyard in North America, Irving Shipyard is defined by its pace and appetite for change. This will mean jumping right in, taking ownership, and leading the charge even if the way forward isn't always clear. If you're naturally curious, motivated by a fast-moving environment and looking to drive new solutions this is an opportunity for you. Discover, synthesize, and analyze information from a variety of sources within JDI enterprise. Responsibilities will include eliciting and documenting the actual needs of stakeholders-which frequently involves investigating and clarifying their expressed desires-to determine underlying issues and causes.
Business analysis is performed on a variety of initiatives within an enterprise. Initiatives can be strategic, tactical, and operational. This environment will provide opportunity to work within the boundaries of a project or throughout enterprise evolution and continuous improvement. Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding customer demand versus IT supply
- Understanding key business data and quality
- Performing requirements elicitation & documentation
- Building use cases (definition and development) and developing test cases
- Documenting business processes
- Understanding capability of analytics tools and enabling business to act from analytical insight
- Managing integrity, confidentiality, and security of all datasets
- Expediting data analysis and reporting
- Understanding the risk tolerance/profile of the business
- Collaborating with design and architecture
- Translating business process model to technical realization
- A University Degree in a related discipline
- At least 2 years work experience in a business environment
- Preferably experience in an IT work environment
- Intermediate or above level of Microsoft Office skills
- Technically inclined, process oriented and driven by a natural curiosity
- Happy in an environment where you can work independently as well as collaboratively
- An information addict - learning new skills and software applications is second nature
- At home in a fast-paced work environment where solutions are not always clearly defined
- A practiced communicator with strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Organized, analytical and business savvy
- White Belt Certification
- Business Process Modeling, Blue Belt Certification
- Entry Certification in Business Analysis (ECBA), Microsoft O365, Visio, TT Perform
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
JDI IT:Who we are and what we offer
The belief that what people experience matters more than technology is part of our foundational core. We also believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success. These centering values - some of our non-negotiables - guide our decisions and inform how we show up daily. Join a team that aims to simply the path forward and inspire commitment.
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offerthe opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supportsthe entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of theJDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and "getting it done"!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, clickhere.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later