Posted 28 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 22005212
SELF-LOADER TRUCK DRIVER (CLASS 1 DRIVER)
At J. D. Irving, Limited we provide unlimited career opportunities in a team based collaborative environment, and help you achieve your professional goals through ongoing development opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement and use leading edge technology. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families and are proud supporters of our communities. Come join us to grow your career!
J.D. Irving, Limited, Southern NB Woodlands Division is currently seeking candidates for SELF-LOADER Truck Driver (Class 1). Operations will take place within Southern New Brunswick. Self-Loader Truck Drivers will be expected to operate the Truck in a safe, efficient, and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited's Best Management Practices and maintain all legal requirements for operation on public roads. The Truck Driver will be required to maintain production and utilization targets, and work independently in remote environments. Work will consist of short haul routes, with drivers being able to return home at the end of each shift.
- Education Required: High School diploma
- 2-5 years of truck driving experience, preferably operating a logging truck in off highway conditions.
- Valid Class 1 Drivers License or equivalent.
- General truck mechanical skills would be considered an asset.
- Operate and drive the truck in a safe, efficient, and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited's Best Management Practices
- Maintain productivity, production and utilization targets, and work independently in remote environments
- Perform general daily inspections and notify for repairs as required
- Perform inspections on the truck and cargo to ensure everything is safe and secure
Conditions of Employment:
- Competitive Pay Rate: up to $25.50 Hourly (based on skill and experience) possible hourly bonus pay based on KPI's.
- Health & Dental Benefits Retirement Savings Plan
- Hours: Minimum 50 Hours a week. 12-hour Alternating Shifts Sunday - Friday.
Employment Location: Southern NB Woodlands
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by August 31, 2022.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later