Posted 4 days ago
Competition Number: 22005132
Gulf Operators Ltd. is a civil contractor experienced in all aspects of civil work including concrete work, excavation, water and sewer, as well as aggregate production and sales.
At Gulf Operators Ltd. you will discover a fast-paced work environment and gain exposure to a wide range of industrial, commercial, infrastructure and residential projects. We are always seeking to attract the very best talent for our varied operations.
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Civil Estimator to join our dynamic team in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Thinking about the next step in your civil estimating career? We have the ideal opportunity! As Civil Estimator, you will bring your construction industry experience to play a key role on our Business Development team and confidently navigate through the bid process, beginning to end, to ensure all bids are submitted on time with the highest of quality.
The Civil Estimator will ensure proposals meet consistent standards and coordinate the collection of key proposal inputs such as scope, costs, engineering requirements, examples of previous projects, and other information required to respond to bids or requests for proposals. In addition, you are able to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and bring lots of energy to make process recommendations to support our culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage the bid process including initiating bid kick off meetings with internal stakeholders, respond to pre-qualifications, RFQ's, RFP's and preparing bid for General Manager's review and approval.
- Coordinate resources to ensure all bids are submitted on time and are of consistent quality.
- Prepare contract briefing sheets so important contract compliance items are summarized and communicated to Operations.
- Interact with team members on pricing exercises.
- Document customer requirements, working with internal departments, and create proposals to meet requirements.
- Maintain strong internal relationships to gather relevant, accurate, information.
- Calculation of quantities and take offs.
- Request pricing from subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Preparing big bond and insurance requests for contracts.
- Update and maintain contract and customer files.
- Organize bid submission reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology.
- 5 years of relevant experience with estimating, bid management, and contract management.
- Experience in the Construction industry is considered an asset.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including meeting facilitation.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency with estimating systems including Bid2Win, as well as MS Office.
- Ability to work independently to complete team deliverables.
What We Offer:
Working in a team-based environment, we help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement and use great technology to support all aspects of our business. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families and we are proud supporters of our local communities. This is a full-time opportunity, with a competitive compensation package which includes Health, Drug & Dental and RRSP's and other benefits.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Gulf Operators Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later