Office Location Fredericton, NB
Req # 7965
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career at Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
• Advance your career more quickly than with other firms
• Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of tax and financial services
• Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
• Be part of a fast growing environment with well respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
• Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
• Be engaged with clients on a variety of local, national and international projects
Our tax group offers stimulating opportunities for professionals interested in continuing their career in tax by providing services that include: Domestic, personal and corporate tax planning and compliance, corporate compliance, corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions planning and estates and trusts compliance and planning.
As a Manager, Domestic Tax your responsibilities will include:
• Manage a team that provides exceptional tax solutions to aid our clients in achieving tax savings
• Review corporate tax provisions and compliance engagements
• Assist with planning corporate reorganizations
• Prepare corporate reorganizations including all elections and drafting of instructions as required
• Act as a leader in the management of our growing tax practice
• Proactively resolve tax related issues with clients and other staff members through direct contact with them and researching and drafting responses
• Analyze, review and complete corporate and personal income tax returns
• Identify and develop new opportunities for additional tax services
• Provide exceptional client service
• Coach and mentor junior professional staff
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Manager, Domestic Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• CPA designation or Masters of Taxation degree
• Enrollment in the CICA In-depth Tax course, or intention/interest to enroll
• 3+ years post designation experience in public practice
• Experience in corporate and personal tax compliance
• Commitment to providing exceptional client service
• Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.