Office Location Halifax, NS (Downtown)
Req # 7961
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As an Accounts Payable Coordinator your responsibilities will include:
• Serve as primary contact for all vendors and suppliers with respect to payments Ensue proper approval and coding of all trade invoices, expense claims and P-card accounts
• Input A/P invoices for SAGE Generate A/P batches for review File and maintain A/P records Process wire transfers
• Vendor setup and maintenance including payment queries, reconciliation of vendor statements and vender analysis
• Maintain all contractor and retired partner agreements, and administer payments in accordance with agreement terms
• Assist with account analyses, reconciliations and special projects as assigned
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be an Accounts Payable Coordinator? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• Completed post-secondary education (university degree and/or college diploma) in finance or accounting
• Minimum of 2 years professional experience in A/P role(s) Strong and articulate verbal and written communication skills SAGE experience considered an asset
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills - Excel, Word and Outlook in particular
• Superior, proactive organizational and time management skills
• Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize, and consistently produce high-quality work while meeting deadlines in a demanding environment
• Client-service focus with excellent problem-solving skills and sound professional judgment
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team... willingness to roll up your sleeves whenever the need arises!
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.