Digital Marketing Specialist
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Founded in 1903, the BF&M group of companies operates in Bermuda, Halifax and across the Caribbean. They take great pride in helping their customers protect what matters most, as well as giving back to the communities in which they work. BF&M is comprised of several companies selling health, life, pension, property and casualty insurance products.
On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Digital Marketing Specialist to join their team of dedicated professionals in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to and working closely with the Head of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Marketing Specialist will manage and develop all digital marketing channels, in support of the business strategy across the BF&M Group product lines and geographies, and in keeping with the BF&M brand.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop informative, engaging digital campaigns that support the strategic plans of the businesses.
- Manage websites via CMS, including page/content creation, layout updates, on-page SEO, and recommending user experience improvements.
- Maintain and grow social media presence across multiple channels in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assist with some content creation using various design tools.
- Use analytics to track, monitor, report on, and optimize efforts.
- Support PR, sponsorship and event campaigns, ensuring maximum brand exposure.
- Develop and manage email marketing campaigns, online newsletters and surveys.
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude within the digital space, staying abreast of new media, trends, and best practices.
- Demonstrate a strong client service-oriented approach.
The Ideal Candidate:
- An undergraduate degree, along with accredited certifications in digital marketing, new media, design, web development, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- Proven expertise managing websites using content management systems (CMS); HTML experience an asset.
- Strong writing/editing skills for digital platforms and experience in generating dynamic digital-based content.
- Ability to think creatively and to understand brand and design principles, as well as deep technical, web and systems development expertise.
- Ability to assist with some content design through platforms such as Canva; ability to use Photoshop and InDesign an asset.
- Curious and resourceful by nature; proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Willingness to be hands-on and to work in a busy team to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills - liaising with staff and partners at all levels of seniority and with third-party partners.
- Ability to work well with a team.
At BF&M, great talent is at the core of their success across all jurisdictions in which they operate. Key programs are dedicated to appreciating and developing their people through training resources, performance reviews, bonus awards, sports and social events and various opportunities to share knowledge with colleagues from around the world. They strive to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. They offer flexible working arrangements with a hybrid model of working in the office and at home.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online directly:
If you have any questions, please contact Brittany Beale, Consultant at [email protected] or Scott McGaw, Partner at [email protected] If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.