Posted 10 days ago
Competition Number: 22005004
IMMIGRATION & SETTLEMENT SPECIALIST
The Construction and Equipment Division (CED), a part of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, is a key player in the Atlantic Canadian market. With six operating companies in the division, the group provides heavy lift and crane services, civil construction services, modular home and commercial buildings, wallboard manufacturing, steel and fabrication services, technical field services (mechanical, NDT, survey, etc.), and pump sales, parts, and repair services to its customers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Immigration & Settlement Specialist. The successful candidate will be well versed in immigration programs and newcomer settlement, and will be a high energy individual who can practically identify international candidate sources and action the steps to hire & retain.
Reporting to the Manager, HR, and supporting the Construction & Equipment Division Companies, the Immigration & Settlement Specialist will work with a variety of external partners such as government, multi-cultural associations, newcomer settlement agencies and internal & third-party recruiters.
- Lead CED businesses in identifying the immigration stream best suited to their needs and facilitate the application process
- Work collaboratively with CED businesses and internal JDI Company immigration resources
- Maintain the immigration database, ensuring compliance and accuracy of data
- Remain current with changing program requirements and present changes and implications
- Keep candidates and stakeholders up to date with progress of their applications
- Develop settlement best practices and ensure alignment of hiring managers
- Create and maintain a comprehensive database of settlement services
- Liaise with external organizations in supporting the delivery of the immigration strategy
- University Bachelor's Degree
- 3 to 5 years in leadership roles with experience in Canadian immigration and newcomer settlement at an intermediate level, and a proven track record of success.
- Deep knowledge of immigration streams and understanding of their requirements
- Agility and ability to respond quickly to changing situations & priorities
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Proven ability to develop relationships
- Process driven with a high attention to detail
- Analytical mindset with an ability to identify trends
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online!
We appreciate your interest in our company. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Save for Later