Posted 24 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 22004990
CFM is an integrated provider of support to the world's most demanding industries. We manufacture, service, and install our customer's highly specialized system. We have multiple facilities in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to serve Atlantic Canada, the North Eastern US, and the World.
We are currently seeking a Safety Advisor to join our team in Saint John, NB.
- Possess a post-secondary degree in Safety or related discipline with a minimum duration of 2 years would be an asset
- 5 or more years' experience in a position related to Occupational Health and Safety, across a variety of industries
- Completion of, or commitment to complete, New Brunswick Construction Safety Association's COR Training.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of health and safety regulations in New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- Experience leading a change within an organization.
- Establish a culture focused on prevention and leading indicator activities.
- Educate employees and managers about good practices in occupational health and safety
- Coordinate the implementation of policies and procedures related to health and safety
- Ensure compliance with JDI standards and occupational health and safety laws
- Communicate with supervisors if workers do not follow policies
- Conduct investigations related to incidents, and ensure that recommendations issued are applied
- Keep documentation up-to-date, track safety KPIs, analyze information
- Prepare statistics for key performance indicators
- Coordinate the activities of Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSCs)
- Analyze and keep up-to-date training records and requirements.
- Manage and maintain the various health and safety programs
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Custom Fabricators & Machinists Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later