Posted 18 days ago
Competition Number: 22004948
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
At J. D. Irving, Limited, you are a part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity, are passionate about achieving results, and committed to the service of sound environmental management. We are focused on continuous improvement and use leading edge technology to grow our businesses and provide increasing career opportunities.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 15,000 dedicated employees.
The Sawmills Division is currently seeking a motivated individual to join our Doaktown team as a Human Resources Business Partner.
- Provide expertise and hands-on support to employees and managers in a broad range of HR functions including recruitment, employee engagement, performance management, training and development, and health and wellness
- Primary liaison with our Payroll and Benefits, and Human Resources Shared Services team
- Assist in the facilitation of the recruitment and selection process
- Prepare and deliver employee communication, presentations, and correspondence
- Assist in the implementation of Human Resources projects and initiatives and ensure alignment throughout our business
- Understand the HR systems and ensure they are optimized
- Project work as required
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years related Human Resources and/or Management experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Knowledge of New Brunswick and Canadian employment standards
- Strong analytical & organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to travel to various sites in the US and Canada
- Be success driven and have a "can-do" attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later