We have an exciting opportunity for a Recruitment Specialist to join our HR team in our Head Office in Halifax, NS! Do you have a passion for recruitment? Are you self-driven? Do you enjoy engaging with a wide range of people? If so, you may be the person we are looking for.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Recruitment Specialist will be responsible for executing the recruitment strategies of CBCL Limited to attract and retain top candidates. The Recruitment Specialist will partner with the leadership team and contribute to the success of our workforce by implementing effective talent strategies and recruitment processes. This position is anticipated to begin mid September for a 14-month term with benefits.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- The candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Manage employee recruitment by providing support in the development of job descriptions, posting positions, pre-screening candidates, scheduling and participating in interviews;
- Lead and complete end to end recruitment processes by navigating potential roadblocks and ensuring the recruitment is moving efficiently;
- Act as the main point of contact for internal and external job applicants and providing timely status updates;
- Proactively and when requested, use LinkedIn Recruiter to post positions and identify potential applicants;
- Organize co-op student recruitment;
- Liaise with colleges and universities to form relationships to develop pipelines for student placements and future new graduate hires;
- Manage ongoing funding programs including application, reporting and close out;
- Participate in career fairs;
- Facilitate the immigration process for employees when required;
- Provide new hire orientations and onboarding which includes overview of paperwork, introductions to the company, and education on company policies & procedures;
- Respond to questions from employees in regard to HR policies & procedures, payroll and benefits;
- Assist in the research, updating and development of HR policies and practices; and
- Other related duties as requested.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Diploma or degree in a related field and/or equivalent professional work experience;
- 3+ years demonstrated success in recruitment;
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality;
- Experience in the engineering consulting industry an asset;
- Experience with the immigration process with an understanding of immigration issues and programs would be an asset;
- RPR designation a strong asset;
- Working towards a CPHR designation an asset;
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information;
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task;
- Strong time management skills;
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral; and
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of personalities and aptitudes.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive compensation package effective on your first day of employment:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer matching contributions
- Generous vacation allowance commensurate with experience
- Health and wellness Incentive
- Membership dues reimbursement
- Education and lifelong learning subsidization
- Community volunteering incentive
- Employee Family Assistance Program
In addition to the above benefits, we offer:
- Flexible hours and locations to support work/life balance, including hybrid options;
- Diverse team with a wide range of experience and expertise;
- Exposure to a variety of projects;
- Support to develop skills and pursue projects related to your own interests;
- Collaboration between multiple disciplines and levels of expertise;
- Mentoring opportunities to foster your personal and professional development;
- Accessible and central offices in Atlantic Canada and Ottawa;
- Access to training opportunities in areas ranging from technical development to leadership skills;
As an employee-owned firm, at CBCL, our people are everything. We are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity for a workplace where everyone can thrive, and we build long-term relationships with our clients while providing them with innovative solutions.
We have earned recognition as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. Our multitalented group of professionals offer consulting in the Infrastructure, Water and Wastewater, Buildings, Industrial, and Earth and Environment sectors. We value our people, our communities, and our history and look forward to continuing our steady growth.
Along with our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint corporately, CBCL develops and implements sustainable engineering solutions that respect the current social and environmental impacts, as well as future implications of our designs.