Hillsview Acres Home for Special Care
14 Middlefield Road, NS B0T 1EO
Casual Assistant Cook
- Grade 12 graduate or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Cooking skills and experience in a Residential Care Facility an asset.
- Food Safety course or willingness to obtain.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and personal initiative.
- Physically capable of performing all assigned duties within a flexible work schedule required for a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week operation.
- Availability for call in shifts on short notice.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated regular attendance
- Class 5 Drivers License
Under the direction of the Administrator, prepare and serve meals to residents, ensuring high quality food and overall presentation. Ability to meet and maintain health requirement standards as per the Long Term Care Legislation.
Wage Rate: $21.07 per hour
A copy of the Assistant Cook Job Description can be obtained by contacting Janie Ryan, Administrator.
Submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Janie Ryan, Administrator
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 902-685-2966 ext. 225