Hillsview Acres Home for Special Care is currently accepting applications for a
Casual Residential Care Assistant
Hillsview Acres Home for Special Care is a residential care facility located in Middlefield, Queens County. Licenced by the Department of Health, Hillsview Acres provides care to 29 residents. All residents receive multi-disciplinary care based on a holistic approach to ensure physical, mental and spiritual well-being while recognizing the right to individuality, respect and dignity.
Hillsview Acres provides care to adults and seniors whose needs are addressed through qualified care, dietary services and recreational programing within a clean safe environment. The involvement of families, staff and volunteers contributes to the mission of meeting the needs of all residents of Hillsview Acres.
Under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, the Residential Care Assistant is responsible to provide residents with personal care and to assist with activities of daily living.
- Experience working in long-term care is considered an asset
- Current student or graduate of a recognized Continuing Care Assistant Program is considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, verbal and written
- On the job training will be provided
- Physically able to perform duties of the position
- Ability to work on short notice for day, evening and night shifts 7 days per week
- Reliable and dependable with demonstrated regular attendance
- Demonstrated passion in working with residents with a focus on resident centered care
Compensation: as per Local 4719 CUPE Agreement
A job description by contacting the undersigned. Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Candice Weare, Resident Care Supervisor
Hillsview Acres Home for Special Care